Coronal Polishing & Topical Fluoride ($420)
A dental assistant holding this expanded duty permit may polish coronal surfaces of teeth, or prepare teeth for band cementation or bonding of brackets utilizing a slow speed rotary hand piece and rubber cup or brush (examination for calculus and scaling must be done by a dentist or dental hygienist), and apply topical fluoride and desensitizing agents.
Applications are located at the bottom of the page, but you must read the following information before enrolling. Failure to do so could potentially delay or void your enrollment.
Requirements: (Each of the below requirements must be met.)
- Participant has a minimum of one year active chair side experience as a dental assistant
- Participant has worked for at least one practice no less than six (6) months since being employed as an active chair side dental assistant.
- Hold a current Dental Assisting Permit from the Oklahoma State Board of Dentistry
- The first two requirements are waived if the assistant graduated from an Oklahoma CODA Accredited Dental Assisting Program
- Please use the "Mail In Payment" link if your school is paying for this course or you work for a state, government, or tribal agency that does not allow you to pay electronically.
- All other applications require online payment at the time of enrollment and must be submitted by credit/debit card or eCheck (i.e. entering the information from your check into the designated fields). All major credit/debit cards are accepted.
- Applications received without payment will be deleted and must be re-submitted with payment.
- ALL APPLICATIONS (REGARDLESS OF PAYMENT METHOD) MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- SPACE IS LIMITED. If the form says it is no longer taking submissions, then the course is full.
- You will need to provide a patient (and potentially a stand-in patient) for this course. Please refer to the Course Requirements link below for more details.
- Application Links
- Designed for those who must pay by CHECK or DIRECT DEPOSIT (i.e. schools or state, government, or tribal agencies) but can be used by anyone who prefers to mail in their payment.
- Spot in course is NOT reserved until payment is received.
- Requires online payment at the time of enrollment (credit/debit or eCheck)
- Immediately reserves spot in course.
Tulsa course dates will be added by mid-January 2017. Please check back.