Nitrous Oxide ($395)
Dental Assistants holding this expanded duty permit may assist a dentist or a dental hygienist who holds an advanced procedure permit in the administration of nitrous oxide.
Dental assistants cannot administer nitrous oxide.
Dental Hygienists authorized by the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry to perform this advanced procedure may administer nitrous oxide.
Applications are located at the bottom of the page, but you must read the following information before enrolling. Failure to do so could potentially delay or void your enrollment.
- Participant has a minimum of one year active chair side experience as a dental assistant (waived if the assistant graduated from an Oklahoma CODA Accredited Dental Assisting Program).
- Hold a current Dental Assisting Permit from the Oklahoma State Board of Dentistry.
- Have a current BLS for the HEALTHCARE PROVIDER or PROFESSIONAL RESCUER CPR Card from either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross. (Heart Saver, CPR/AED, Community CPR, etc. cards or cards issued by anyone other than the Heart Association or Red Cross are NOT acceptable). See Samples
- PLEASE NOTE: A $15 credit card processing fee will be subtracted from all applications submitted without a HEALTHCARE PROVIDER or PROFESSIONAL RESCUERS CPR CARD if the applicant requests a refund in place of transferring to a later course.
- All participants must administer AND receive Nitrous Oxide. If you are pregnant, you cannot attend this course.
- Please use the "Mail In Payment" link if your school is paying for this course or you work for a state, government, or tribal agency that does not allow you to pay electronically.
- All other applications require online payment at the time of enrollment and must be submitted by credit/debit card or eCheck (i.e. entering the information from your check into the designated fields). All major credit/debit cards are accepted.
- Applications received without payment will be deleted and must be re-submitted with payment.
- ALL APPLICATIONS (REGARDLESS OF PAYMENT METHOD) MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- SPACE IS LIMITED. If the form says it is no longer taking submissions, then the course is full.
- Forms & Instructions
Employment Verification Form (MUST be signed by both the employing dentist and the applicant)
NOTE REGARDING TULSA: It is our desire to offer this course in Tulsa, but there have been some logistical issues preventing us from doing so. We are still working to find a way around those issues and will offer this course in Tulsa as soon as we are able.
- Application Links
If your CPR card EXPIRES BEFORE YOUR COURSE DATE, your application will NOT be accepted. Please obtain a CPR that will be valid at the time of your course before enrolling.
- Designed for those who must pay by CHECK or DIRECT DEPOSIT (i.e. schools or state, government, or tribal agencies) but can be used by anyone who prefers to mail in their payment.
- Spot in course is NOT reserved until payment is received.
- Requires online payment at the time of enrollment (credit/debit or eCheck)
- Immediately reserves spot in course.