Coronal Polishing Patient Requirements
Important Course/Patient Information:
- Your enrollment packet will be EMAILED to you two (2) weeks before the course. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender/contact list to aid in delivery.
- Pregnant students can take this course, BUT must provide a stand-in patient for the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning practice sessions if they are in their first or third trimesters of pregnancy.
- You will need a patient for your exam on Sunday afternoon. Patients need to meet the following criteria:
- At least 20 natural teeth without crowns, fixed bridges, or decalcification (aka. decay)
- At least 16 years of age
- Cannot be in their first or third trimesters of pregnancy
- Clinical examination patients cannot be current or previous dentists, dental assistants, or dental hygienists.
- In good general health.
- No orthodontic braces (Lingual arch wires are not recommended but will be accepted)
- Completely free of calculus and heavy stain
- You also need to be prepared to be a patient for clinical practice on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. If YOU do not meet the above patient requirements (w/ the exception of being a dental professional), you need to provide a stand-in patient to take your place Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Your stand-in patient cannot be your clinical exam patient. Unlike your exam patient, your stand-in patient can be a dentist, dental assistant, or dental hygienist.
More specific information regarding patients, supplies needed, etc., will be included in your course packet.